Smith & Newphew 66000046 ALLEVYN ADHESIVE FOAM Dressing, SIZE 22.5CM X 22.5CM BX/10
ALLEVYN Adhesive - Hydrocellular Dressing ALLEVYN Adhesive provides the advantages of ALLEVYN Hydrocellular dressings in a adhesive format for simple and effective fixation.
- Low allergy adhesive
- Tapered construction with micro-thin edges
- Unique trilaminate structure
- Perforated wound contact layer
- Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer
- Waterproof outer film layer
- Full range of sizes
- Convenient adhesive presentation
The wound contact layer of ALLEVYN Adhesive is coated with a low allergy adhesive which is designed to adhere well to intact skin, but not to wounds. The adhesive is non-irritating.
- Highly absorbent
In-vitro studies and clinical experience demonstrate that ALLEVYN Adhesive dressings can stay in place for up to seven days. This capacity results from a combination of properties:
The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing.
The hydrocellular core of the dressing absorbs and holds liquid in its microscopic structure.
The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing.
The result is the formation of a wound environment, which allows wound closure to progress without the need for frequent dressing changes.
- Moist Wound Environment
ALLEVYN Adhesive creates and maintains a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, helping prevent eschar formation.
- Profiled dressing edges
ALLEVYN Adhesive has a profiled cross-section, narrowing to micro-thin edges which helps ensure the dressing remains securely in place and prevents accidental removal by friction between the dressing and clothes and bedding.
- Waterproof/Aids in the prevention of bacterial contamination
- Cushioned comfort
ALLEVYN Adhesive dressings are soft and cushioning, giving excellent patient comfort and protection.
- ALLEVYN Adhesive is indicated for exudate absorption and the management of partial to full thickness wounds.
Some typical wounds are:
Ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
- Creation and maintenance of a moist wound environment. Moist wound environments have been established as optimal environments for the management of the wound.
- Provides physical separation between the wound and external environments to assist in preventing bacterial contamination of the wound.
- Do not use any ALLEVYN product with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions (eg Dakins) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressings.